Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snow Day Disaster

Sorry again for not being on for a while! I got distracted by reading a whole bunch of books and some other stuff. Anyways, at least I do actually have news! It SNOWED today! It hasn't snowed in one or maybe even two years as far as I know! It didn't accumulate very much, and then it melted pretty soon, and my snow man was pathetic, but it was so beautiful! In central Alabama, we don't get very much snow. At all. When it does come, it's usually just for one day at most. I nearly gave myself frost bite though. I was trying to build a snow man in our huge back yard, so I rolled up the base with a lot of cold slippery work, and then I got so cold for the middle it was less than a third of the size of the bottom an the head was about the size of a golf ball. Or smaller. I plucked two green weed things from the ground and stuffed them in the top for eyes, and that was my snow man! Sorry for no pic's of it and the other stuff, but the pic's on my iPod aren't very good and my Dad took the good camera with him on a trip. Besides, I didn't even have my iPod with me when I made my snow man! On my way back inside a few seconds after 'completing' my snow man, I decided to do a snow angel. I as wearing two pairs of socks with combat boots, two pairs of sweat pants, two jackets, a t-shirt, and a hat, but the snow still soaked through both pairs of sweat pants I think it might have gotten through my combat boots (or I was hallucinating from the cold) and my fingers went little over halfway numb, and let's not even talk about how much my feet hurt from the cold. Yeah. My snow day was kind of a disaster, but it was worth it for the pretty sight of a wintry white beauty that we call snow! And my snow angel turned out good too! Even though I was only on the ground for like, five seconds. I think I got ice in my pants. Probably not, but my pants were probably the temperature of ice! And as you all probably know, I haven't seen the sun for what has to be a week now, maybe more maybe less. Seems like forever to me though. Finally though, after a lot of the snow had melted and I was hunkered down in my bean bag in my room, I look up an the curtains to my window (which were closed) are illuminated with light. I look out the window, and what do I see? The sun! It was beautiful, late afternoon sun. The way it shone through the trees and made some of the clouds go away was amazing. Well, thanks for reading my snow day disaster story and thanks for reading my blog! Oh, and I would like to make a special request, because I'm desperate. I have six followers to my blog, and two I convinced to follow it. If you have your own blog, could you try to make mine a little more known? I'm epically failing. Thank you so much if you do!

Love, Anna and Kate

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love snow. :)

    Want some ideas about your blog? You might want a blog button, which I could make for you if you want. (Just contact me at storytellerofwestoncounty.blogspot.com or you could email me at andriaandalexdragorn@gmail.com if you wanted a blog design...) If you want, we could swap buttons, which is where I grab your button and put it on my blog and you take my button and put it on your blog. Just some ideas. :)

    ~Storyteller
    http://storytellerofwestoncounty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great! I would love that Storyteller! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that you got snow!! I wish we'd get snow,but in Texas we don't get much, if any. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I'm so excited to hear you like Nancy Drew! She's my heroine!
    Blessings, Laura Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! No wonder you don't get snow! And your welcome! It's just so rare to me coming across a Nancy Drew fan, when my friend Audrey told me this girl (and now my friend) Sadie Anne liked Nancy Drew, it's like, all we can talk about now. She's amazing, and I wish more people liked her! Honestly, I could talk on this subject for hours straight. Mostly becase I feel like the only person in the world that likes Nancy Drew, and the Hardy Boys of course. My dream is to somehow convince someone to make a new TV series, since the one in the 70's was so long ago and, well, been seen, and the ones from 1995 were just plain pathetic.

    ReplyDelete