Thursday, April 4, 2013

My Book Review

So right now I'm listening to the song that's been stuck in my head, "Good Time" by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepson. I love this song! Okay so I know I promised a review for the Nancy Drew Diaries and the Hardy Boys Adventures, so here it is!
The Nancy Drew Diaries:
I thought this series was very similar to Girl Detective. Since there are only two books out and they're both related to each other, it's kind of hard to judge the entire series, but I am totally going to buy every book I can! They changed the look, but it's still in first person like Nancy Drew Girl Detective was.. It says that Nancy's not going to use Google and stuff in this series to make it more like the old books as far as I can remember, but she did text a few times and she got George to look at this girl's blog, but frankly I'm good with that. I think if they want Nancy Drew to be like the original books, then they should go back to her always wearing dresses and basically stage it in the 30's again. So I think since this is the 21st century, then this is a good series. (of course I make this sound official, but I was jumping up and down in the book store when I bought these!)
The Hardy Boys Adventures:
This series is also in first person like The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers was, but it's pretty different. For one thing, ATAC is no more, and they brought Chet Morton back! They also have cell phones and such. The Hardy Boys are supposedly 'retired' from detective work because they didn't have insurance, or private detective licenses. They are also at risk of being sent to a school on an island 20 miles out in the ocean. It's like a boarding school, but it's for juvenile behavior moderation, and frankly pretty creepy sounding. And even their Dad Fenton Hardy retired from his work. Now he writes history books or something (blah!). But I thought that the book I read was very interesting and very well written. They had enough danger, mystery, seriousness, and comedy. So they still solve mysteries and everything, but they have to keep it a secret from like, everyone thanks to "the Deal" that they made with their family...and the cops. So I thought it was pretty good, but I don't like the fact that they have to lie to their parents to do detective work. Other than that really awesome! (And again, I make it sound official but I was jumping up and down when I bought these too!)
So my official dream is for the writers to make super mysteries with Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys again! I would officially faint with happiness if that happened! I hope that you guys read these books too, because they're worth reading!

                                     
                                                                              Peace,
                                                                                  Love,
                                                                                     Nature,

AKC <3

No comments:

Post a Comment